Friday, June 4, 2010

In the Bag


So I finally got my bags. Sheesh. Freaking Heathrow airport crampin my style. Ridiculous. I got up and was cooking some delicious eggs and ham and then the door was being knocked down and luckily is was the bloke with my bag. So I now have some clothes to wear aside from the ones I was wearing.

Anyways, we just hung out a bit today until we headed into town on business. It was really beautiful downtown since they were setting up for a Little Havana festival here in Ireland. It's great. I come to Ireland and they have a big foreign festival. I'll never get to experience the culture. Just kidding it was really fun and the downtown area was packed.



The guys had to work today so I just chilled a bit and explored the town while they worked or slept. I tried to get my PPS number (which is essentially my SSN number here in Ireland) but unfortunately the stamp the guy gave me at the airport was a crappy stamp so it wasn't good enough. Although the stamp saved me 150 euro so that's legit. So now I just gotta bring my work visa next time so it's in the bag but it's a bank holiday so can't do that until Tuesday. Lame.

So after taking a quick nap once I was home, I went out on the town for the night and went to a hostel to hang out with my Canadian buddies Leigh and Amy. Then we met some other Irish folk, a chick from New Zealand, and a French girl and a French Canadian chick, and a British guy, and an Australian guy. It was quite the group needless to say. So we chilled there and then went downtown to investigate the activities and cause mayhem for Patrick and Tyler since they were working.



Then we adopted a dog, hit up “MacDonalds” which was wicked expensive here. A happy meal is 4 euro. Which is like 6 or 7 bucks. Ridiculous. Then we adopted a dog for a while. Then we called it a night. Twas a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment