Thursday, June 17, 2010

Stephanie is Here!

So I was going to try and write this as Nick but to be honest I would have no idea how he would describe the events of yesterday and today. First of all yesterday Nick spent all day at the airport because my flight was supposed to come in at 9:40 am but due to lots of storm issues didn't get here till 9 pm. Anyway we then waited at the airport until 12:45 for a bus to Galway. While waiting I decided I needed a welcome to Ireland picture but there were none to be had just "welcome to Shannon Airport" signs. So we took a walk and happened to find one...




Needless to say it was a late night followed by an early morning. We took headed out to the Aran Islands for the day. Leaving the house at 8 to catch a bus, to catch a ferry and getting there around 11. We rented bikes for the day and set out on a crazy adventure around the island.














We met a donkey, Nick named him Samuel...














We went inside the smallest church in Ireland...













And went to what I thought was the big tourist attraction of the islands but ended up not being the right site. With about 3 hours left till our 5 pm departure and still no food, we decided to grab something quick and try and make it to the actual ruins and cliffs. I was so worn out from all the travel and no sleep that I didn't know if I could make it up all the hills. We ended up making it there with only an hour and a half left. Ran up quickly to the top. We stayed there for a little while and it was beautiful. But we couldnt stay for long because we had to head back to the boat. I'm kinda tired of writing now. So I think I'm done. The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment