Friday, July 16, 2010

Mini adventure begins! (in Edinburgh)

IMG_0415 So with all a day to recover after Oxegen and tons of planning and buying done in that small amount of time, Patrick, Leigh and I are started on our mini adventure to mostly west Western Europe. The plan is… fly to Edinburgh, Scotland… bus to London… Patrick and Leigh go to Amsterdam and Brussels while I stay with my buddy in London (I’m going to those two places in August don’t worry)… then we meet up at the Eiffel Tower in France via bus from London (crazy I know)… then fly to Barcelona…. get to Madrid somehow… then fly to Dubs aka Dublin and bus home. Quite an adventure. It’s happening over about a week and a half so each city  gets a day or two. We’re pumped.

IMG_0434

 

IMG_0447Except a small note that I forgot my awesome camera which I was pissssed for leaving since it’s sitting on my bed, ready to be packed. Maybe I’ll have Tyler bring it when he meets us in London but excuse the quality of the photos since they are all from my iPhone.

 

So onto the journey. Our first stop was Scotland and we happened IMG_0494to have a friend in Edinburgh named Tec who had couchsurfed with us in  Ireland a month ago so she gladly shacked up the three of us for the night as well as being an awesome tour guide. We seriously took probably 500 photos in Edinburgh because we saw so much. Although so far I must say… UK is on Patrick and I’s crap list because it literally rained from Galway to Dublin to Edinburgh. Just non stop rain. Soak everything rain. Kill fun rain.

IMG_0507

 

But we still managed to have fun but seriously the rain was following us. Unbelievable. But in IMG_0490Edinburgh we saw a ton of cathedrals and a million castles just like it was an everyday building. Crazy. I got a scarf that had the tartan of my Scottish heritage (the McPherson clan) and a sweet patch. It was definitely a successful trip. I also tried IRN BRU (pronounced Iron Brew) which i s a cherry sorta flavored cream soda which apparently outsells Coke and Pepsi combined over here. Ridiculous! But I liked it so that was good.

We also went into this super legit pub called Monkey or something IMG_0461and it was a traditional pub in the front and then in the back it was like a beatnik paradise. There were these huge pillows with mini tables in the middle and you could drink tea and eat food while watching cult films in this awesomely decorated room. If I lived in Edinburgh I would most definitely be a regular there. So cool.

 

IMG_0485But ya basically we walked around like crazy in the rain and explored everything. I really loved that city. Great Scot…land it was cool. Ya I just said that. Boom!

No comments:

Post a Comment