Sunday, July 4, 2010

Relaxin’ and explorin’

Well things have calmed down a little bit now that the ladies have left and the US are out of the cup. Sad sad day. But it’s allowed me some time to relax in Galway and explore it a little bit more. It’s a pretty legit city ya know?

IMG_0320The guys and I has a nice argument over exactly how tall the wall is at the   Spanish Arch and luckily since it was so low we could go down there and have a looksy for ourselves. It turns out it’s around 8 feet tall. And Patrick looks goofy. So it’s a win-win situation.

I also bought some tickets to the Galway Film Fleadh which is one of IMG_0324the biggest film festivals in Ireland and it’s next week. Unfortunately I’ll be out of town for most of it at the Oxegen music festival which is a huge bummer but I’ll still be at a sick music festival with the likes of Eminem, Mumford and Sons, Vampire Weekend and tons of other sick bands. But I will be missing out on a screening of Banksy’s new film which will be at the film Fleadh. Oh well. Such as life. Can’t have everything.

IMG_0333Other than that, Leigh and I decided to go investigate the big Catholic cathedral in Galway and it was a wonderful choice. I only had my iPhone with me but you can still see the absolutely amazing architecture in this cathedral. I’m not sure how old it is but you can really tell that the style is very old and very open. I loved it.

 

IMG_0347

IMG_0344

IMG_0353And we also checked out the nearby Galway university called NUIG… not sure what it stan ds for but one of the letters is university and one is Galway. But it’s really beautiful as well and I really love the greenery all over the buildings. Great stuff. Such a beautiful city.

No comments:

Post a Comment